The 2014 Girl Scout Cookie Sale is ALMOST here! Find out below what's new to our council including important dates and new additions to the cookie family! You can learn more about the 5 SKills, Operation Cookie Drop, and Payment Options on our main Cookie Sale page.
Important Sale Dates & Changes
The 2014 Cookie Sale dates: Saturday, January 4, through Sunday, March 9
In celebration of going to a direct sale this year, Girl Scouts will have cookies in hand during Walkabout Week running January 19-24. Here are some fun ways girls and troops can participate in the week:
- Sale On Wheels - loading cookies in a wagon and selling to customers with adult supervision.
- Caravan - Girl Scouts/troops go door-to-door in a residential area while the supervising adults follow in a car with cookies.
- Cookie Stand - this is a "lemonade" type stand a Girl Scout can set up on her own property (i.e., in front of her house) to sell cookies as her home owners' association permits.
Additionally, Cookie Booths open January 24. Booths are scheduled Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays through Sunday, March 9.
The second annual National Girl Scout Cookie Day is Saturday, February, 8. The council will host drive-thru cookie booths from 9am - 3pm at each of our service center locations (Raleigh, Goldsboro, and Fayetteville). Girls and troops will host the drive through. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Introducing the NEW Cookies!
There are nine cookie varieties available, including the ever-popular Thin Mints, Caramel deLites®, Peanut Butter Patties®, Shortbread, Peanut Butter Sandwich, Thanks-A-Lot™, Lemonades™, and new this year -- Cranberry Citrus Crisps and Chocolate Chip Shortbread.
This year we are also introducing our two NEW cookies:
- Cranberry Citrus Crisp - Crispy cookie, made with whole grain, full of tangy cranberry bits and zesty citrus flavor. A sweet addition for the new cookie season: this crispy cookie is filled with 9 grams of whole grain! Made with real fruit, this new cookie has no high-fructose corn syrup, and no artificial colors, ﬂavors or sweeteners.
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Shortbread - Girl Scouts – North Carolina Coastal Pines is one of a number of councils piloting a new Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Shortbread cookie. Chocolate Chips nestled in a bite-size, gluten free shortbread cookie. Millions of Americans have problems eating food with gluten – so this delicious cookie is just for them! Made with real chocolate chips and real butter.
Girl Scouts Accept Credit Card Payments with Sage Swipers
This is our council's third year in accepting credit card payments for cookies. Our council partners with Sage North America to add mobile payments as an option for cookie sales. Girl Scout leaders, scouts, and parents across the U.S. are now using the Sage Mobile Payments application and credit card swiper, which attaches to most phones as a means to accept secure credit card payments for Girl Scout cookies. Please contact Lisa Rower with questions.
A Few More Things!
Don't forget to mention Operation Cookie Drop! Customers can also purchase cookies to support Girl Scouts, a troop, and our military troops through this program. Now in it's tenth year, customer donations have purchased more than 600,000 boxes of Girl Scout Cookies through Operation Cookie Drop.
Pass on the link to our Cookie Booth Locator. Customers wishing to purchase cookies can be connected with a local Girl Scout troop through the web-based locator form, which requires a zip code and sorts by nearest cookie booth.
Cookies will remain at $3.50 per box, with the exception of our NEW Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Shortbread which will retail for $5 per package.