STEM Advisory Committee
Girl Scouts USA recently launched the Girl Scout STEM Pledge—a multiyear initiative to add 2.5 million girls to the STEM pipeline by 2025 and Girl Scouts–North Carolina Coastal Pines is committed to supporting this effort and making it happen across our 41-counties which is why we’re excited to launch our Girl Scout STEM Advisory Committee!
At Girl Scouts–North Carolina Coastal Pines, we believe it’s important that girls have access to the best resources and education available to learn about the amazing STEM careers and future professional opportunities. That is why we are providing a platform for professionals, like yourself, to share their knowledge. If you are an enthusiastic and friendly professional in the education or STEM industries looking to make an impact in the community, we need your skills and knowledge to assist in steering Girl Scouts–North Carolina Coastal Pines’ STEM program for girls in grades K-12.
As a member of the STEM Advisory Committee you will have the opportunity to:
- Contribute your expertise to current and future STEM related initiatives
- Serve as a speed mentor or lead a STEM workshop at one of our signature events
- Support our Gadget Girls robotics team
The benefits of participating include the following:
- Being presented as a leader and advocate in the field
- Promoting your work to larger audiences
- Joining a network of fellow experts in STEM
- Educating and empowering the pipeline of future STEM professionals
Want to get involved? Email the Program Team today!