Community Awards


When you earn a Cadette, Senior, or Ambassador Community Service Bar, you are making a difference in your community- and practicing the values of the Girl Scout Promise and Law.  It’s also so a great way to get involved with a cause you care about.

To earn the bar, first choose an organization you’d like to volunteer with.  The organization will need to agree to give you instructions about the work you’ll be doing.  Approval can be granted by your Girl Scout Troop Leader to begin your Community Service Bar.  Once you've chosen your organization, complete  at least 20 hours of service to earn the bar.


The Service to Girl Scouting Bars are earned by volunteering at least 20 hours to the Girl Scout organization. A Girl Scout  Cadette, Senior, or Ambassador can volunteer at a special event for younger girls, be an office assistant for their council or service unit or help with special projects.