TechnoQuest - Workshops for Adults! - First Aid/CPR/AED Training is One Option
Please read the entire left-hand column for important information BEFORE selecting your number of girl and/or adult participants in the right-hand column.
While your Girl Scouts are participating in their workshops, join us for a selection of adult programming to help you feel more comfortable with STEM facilitation, outdoor leadership, Highest Awards and more. Decide between a Workshop Track, or an Adult & Child First Aid/CPR/AED Certification and Workshop Track. Participants that select the First Aid/CPR/AED Track will be placed in either a morning or afternoon First Aid class, and an additional workshop. Participants that select the Workshop Track will be placed into three different workshps. Lunch is included with registration. Do not select the optional lunch if you are selecting Workshop Track, or an Adult & Child First Aid/CPR/AED Certification and Workshop Track.
You may also select a Lunch Only option if you only want to attend TechnoQuest to chaperone your Girl Scout and not participate in the Workshop Track, or an Adult & Child First Aid/CPR/AED Certification and Workshop Track, but have lunch while you are there.
Upon registration, you’ll pick your top three favorite workshops found in the Adult Activity Confirmation and Workshop Selection document. The Adult Activity Confirmation and Workshop Selection document is located underneath Additional Documents on the My Events page in your My GS account. Workshop selection must be completed by Wednesday, November 3rd for preferred options to be taken into account. Once you have registered for the First Aid track, you will receive information about how to complete the online portion of the blended course. The online learning portion of the blended learning must be completed before arriving at TechnoQuest.
Proof of course work can also be shown to the instructor using your cellphone. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be able to recognize emergencies, care for injuries or illnesses and perform CPR until professional help arrives. Your electronic certificate will be emailed to you by the American Red Cross within 2 weeks after the successful completion of the instructor-led portion of this class.
Here are the workshops you may select:
- Think Like a Citizen Scientist Journey Facilitation - Get comfortable with STEM facilitation and learn how to help your Girl Scouts become Citizen Scientists!
- Programming Robots Badge Facilitation - Botley, our learning robot, is an easy and fun tool to use to teach your Girl Scouts about Robotics! Learn about kit options you can bring to you troop!
- Highest Awards Support - Learn about how to support your Girl Scouts as they work towards their highest awards!
- Camp Set-Up - Always wanted to go camping but want some help learning the basics? This hands-on workshop is for you!
- Team Games! - Games are a great way to bond and grow as good friends and teammates! Learn and play a few games to pull out of your back pocket at troop meetings, on camping trips, or anytime at all!
- Trail Activities - Learn how to make a nature walk or hike a learning experience that's also a lot of fun!
Location: NC State Centennial Campus, Raleigh, NC