Dear Girl Scout families and volunteers,
As novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to be of growing concern, Girl Scouts – North Carolina Coastal Pines is regularly monitoring information from the Centers for Disease Control, local state departments of health, school districts, and other partners.
Today, March 14, 2020, Governor Cooper issued an Executive Order closing all K-12 schools in North Carolina for two weeks starting Monday, March 16.
While much remains unknown regarding how COVID-19 will evolve locally, health officials have shared the best preventative measures we can take are to maximize individual health practices and to engage in social distancing by reducing social interactions and contact with others.
With the announcement of school closings, with churches and community centers cancelling in-person gatherings and meetings, and with the fast-changing landscape of the impact of COVID-19, this will continue to impact our “normal” way of operating and the way we all do Girl Scouting; but I’m confident we can adjust, innovate and do our part to help our communities.
Therefore, Girl Scouts – North Carolina Coastal Pines shares the following announcement for closures and cancellations beginning Monday, March 16. This means:
- All council service centers and offices will be closed to the public effective, Monday, March 16 through March 31. Our staff will be working remotely and will be available to support you by phone, email or virtual means.
- All council shops will be closed effective, Monday, March 16 through March 31. While our shops are closed, please feel free to shop online or email us for merchandise needs. We will provide free shipping within in our council footprint on orders emailed to us (please provide phone number in email so we can call you for payment details).
- All in-person council-sponsored events, activities, trainings and mobile programming are canceled beginning Monday, March 16, through April 19.
- Facility rentals beginning on Monday, March 16 will be canceled through April 19.
- Girl Scouts – North Carolina Coastal Pines will issue refunds for cancelled program events, trainings, activities and facility rentals.
- All service units and troops should suspend all in-person gatherings, meetings and events effective Monday, March 16 through March 31 (timeline will continue to be evaluated and may be modified as needed).
- Our Help Desk remains available to assist you during regular business hours.
This does not mean that Girl Scouting stops. We encourage you to use webinars, teleconferences and other technologies to engage girls and adults. We will also support you through virtual opportunities.
The health and safety of our entire Girl Scout family is so important to us. We will continue to update you regarding critical information and further impacts to Girl Scout programming and operations. Thank you for your patience and steadfast support as we navigate this unprecedented and quickly evolving situation. We appreciate your commitment to Girl Scouts and we remain committed to you!
In Girl Scouting,
Chief Executive Officer
Girl Scouts – North Carolina Coastal Pines